The mission of Young Parents United is to invest in the future of families and promote positive change among adolescent parents through inspiration, empowerment, education, support, and practical tools in order to break destructive cycles, increase parenting skills, education, and job skills, thus enhancing self-sufficiency and greater success for teen parents and their children for generations to come.
E V E N T S
- Family Court WorkshopMon, Oct 1934 Jay StOct 19, 2020, 12:30 PM – 2:30 PM34 Jay St, 34 Jay St, Schenectady, NY 12305, USAFamily Court is a civil court and generally handles issues between or concerned spouses, parents, children, intimate partners and sometimes other relatives. These circumstances and how to navigate the system can become very overwhelming ! Come and learn how !
- 6 Week Anger Management ProgramTue, Sep 2934 Jay StSep 29, 2020, 10:00 AM – 11:30 PM34 Jay St, 34 Jay St, Schenectady, NY 12305, USAHi All ! Great News ! Anger Management classes are starting ! Raising children and facing the daily challenges in life are NOT easy ! We ALL need to learn methods to best manage our frustration and hurt. This is going to be a great class !
- ANNUAL SUMMER FAMILY PICNICMon, Jul 29Central Park Pavilion - Iroquois WayJul 29, 2019, 4:00 PM – 8:00 PMCentral Park Pavilion - Iroquois Way, Iroquois Way, Schenectady, NY 12309, USAJoin Us at the Pavilion next to the playground in Central Park for our Annual Family Picnic !! Lots of great food and family fun 4-8pm 🌞 ✨The pool is open till 6 p.m. so come with bathing suits and a change of clothes for the kids ✨ We will also be having a birthday cake for Bella ❤
- Showering Young Parents United: A Community Baby ShowerWed, May 08The Schenectady Armory CenterMay 08, 2019, 5:30 PM – 8:00 PMThe Schenectady Armory Center, 125 Washington Ave, Schenectady, NY 12305, USAInvesting in the Future of Local Families through SIDS Awareness and Addressing Basic Needs tickets can be purchased here -- https://www.eventbrite.com/e/showering-young-parents-united-a-community-baby-shower-tickets-60406208596?aff=efbeventtix&fbclid=IwAR1GHEydENZimax_4AQ8l_0Ds35uNCdRUXDAuN4xZ3FX
- 8 WEEK NUTRITION PROGRAMThu, Jan 1734 Jay StJan 17, 2019, 6:00 PM – 7:30 PM34 Jay St, 34 Jay St, Schenectady, NY 12305, USAThis 8 week certificate class will be provided on site through Eat Smart NY Each week a different topic will be covered - such as - Nursing and Infant Feeding, Food Groups and a healthy plate, learning to cook some nutritious recipes and much more !