A Safe Place for Young Parents to Grow with the Support of a Thriving Community
The mission of Young Parents United is to invest in the future of families and promote positive change among adolescent parents through inspiration, empowerment, education, support, and practical tools in order to break destructive cycles, increase parenting skills, education, and job skills, thus enhancing self-sufficiency and greater success for teen parents and their children for generations to come.
E V E N T S
- Multiple DatesWed, Nov 30Schenectady
- Multiple DatesThu, Oct 06Schenectady
- Thu, Oct 28SchenectadyOct 28, 2021, 12:00 PM – 2:30 PM EDTSchenectady, 251 State St, Schenectady, NY 12305, USACelebrate Halloween by trick or treating for goodies - Trunk to Trunk in our office parking lot !! Also receive a free Child Safe Kit® - a free kit - provided by Schenectady County Sheriff's Office that will help you to record and save vital information.
- Mon, Oct 1934 Jay StOct 19, 2020, 12:30 PM – 2:30 PM34 Jay St, 34 Jay St, Schenectady, NY 12305, USAFamily Court is a civil court and generally handles issues between or concerned spouses, parents, children, intimate partners and sometimes other relatives. These circumstances and how to navigate the system can become very overwhelming ! Come and learn how !
- Tue, Sep 2934 Jay StSep 29, 2020, 10:00 AM – 11:30 PM34 Jay St, 34 Jay St, Schenectady, NY 12305, USAHi All ! Great News ! Anger Management classes are starting ! Raising children and facing the daily challenges in life are NOT easy ! We ALL need to learn methods to best manage our frustration and hurt. This is going to be a great class !
- Mon, Jul 29Central Park Pavilion - Iroquois WayJul 29, 2019, 4:00 PM – 8:00 PMCentral Park Pavilion - Iroquois Way, Iroquois Way, Schenectady, NY 12309, USAJoin Us at the Pavilion next to the playground in Central Park for our Annual Family Picnic !! Lots of great food and family fun 4-8pm 🌞 ✨The pool is open till 6 p.m. so come with bathing suits and a change of clothes for the kids ✨ We will also be having a birthday cake for Bella ❤
- Wed, May 08The Schenectady Armory CenterMay 08, 2019, 5:30 PM – 8:00 PMThe Schenectady Armory Center, 125 Washington Ave, Schenectady, NY 12305, USAInvesting in the Future of Local Families through SIDS Awareness and Addressing Basic Needs tickets can be purchased here -- https://www.eventbrite.com/e/showering-young-parents-united-a-community-baby-shower-tickets-60406208596?aff=efbeventtix&fbclid=IwAR1GHEydENZimax_4AQ8l_0Ds35uNCdRUXDAuN4xZ3FX
- Thu, Jan 1734 Jay StJan 17, 2019, 6:00 PM – 7:30 PM34 Jay St, 34 Jay St, Schenectady, NY 12305, USAThis 8 week certificate class will be provided on site through Eat Smart NY Each week a different topic will be covered - such as - Nursing and Infant Feeding, Food Groups and a healthy plate, learning to cook some nutritious recipes and much more !
- Sat, Jun 30Schenectady County Public Library